Tuesday 21 April 2009

Long night and longer day

I think I must have been really , really bad when I was young , not only did I get a big paper round, but I just cannot get a decent nights sleep - spent half the night watching the clock, it is really annoying !! to say the least.

Never mind, it was quite a nice morning when I left at 6.30 a.m. upon the trusty steed of steel ( BMW 750) heading for the town , at least I was not having to pay parking fees, and found the solo motorcycle bay free from unloading lorries.

I had the doors of The Mercat Bar open for business at 8.20 a.m. even although we were not expecting anyone this early , but as usual a couple popped in when they saw that the door were open.
Had a busy morning and lunch time, even managed to fall UP the stairs, watched all the crockery bouncing , but not a break or chip - just me , shaken but not stirred.

My friendly tram workers are having fun , now digging up more of the stuff they have just filled in during the past couple of weeks. Then they even moved the gas pipe which has been lying outside for the last three weeks, but had to borrow a bogie from the Utilities blokes - "Fred Carno's Army" was better than this lot.

Next - our cheerful dray men from Bellhaven Brewery arrived, but could not get parked as someone with an invalid badge was parked in the loading bay area - an even nicer (NOT) parking attendant arrived and threatened to book the lorry so they had to leave without doing the drop, but they eventually returned and did the business. (so to speak).

Just getting ever so pe++d off with the Chief Executives Office of the Edinburgh City Council, ( who appear to be as bad as the Children and Families Department), if they cannot respond to my letters of complaint, how do they respond to contacts by other members of the public !! So , tomorrow, all being well - yet another epistle will be winging its way towards Waverly Court, Market Street.

Anyway , off to 720 tonight with Sparky Mark.

No comments: