Saturday 4 April 2009

Grand national day

Sitting watching the qualifying rounds of the Malaysian Grand Prix which takes place tomorrow, but I had not realised all the furore which had taken place after the Australian Grand Prix last week and the fact that Lewis Hamilton had been disqualified and the team manager sacked - quite a carry on.
From what I have seen so far Mclaren and Ferrari are not doing so well this week, while Button looks to be up there near the front again with Trulli on the Pole.

As for cars, mine arrived back this morning complete with a new front spring and a new MOT, good - as I will be needing wheels for Thursday when I head south to Runcorn again for another of my long days driving. Anyway I had better stop for breakfast this time.

Grand National Day today at Aintree, one race I do not like , I certainly do not watch it in case the horses get injured. I cannot remember his name but a couple of years ago we had an old stable lad in the Sportsman's Bar , up for Musselburgh Races, and it transpired that he had been the winning jockey of the national twice. He was sitting beside a picture of himself and did not realise it.

Heading off shortly to Bonnyrigg for the Installation ,which will be a long drawn out affair, to be there for about 12.15 a.m., it starts at 1 p.m., and the dinner at 4 p.m. RGB off to work and Mrs. Bo. winging her way city bound on the bus for a wander around the shops and no doubt will pop in to the Standing Order for a coffee , etc.

Have a Birthday lunch tomorrow for Mrs.B's pal, Carol, so that will be another heavy day.

No comments: