Sunday 19 April 2009

Sunday part 2




- And spelling is being affected by the light infusion of G & T ( Gordons of course). So, on my way into town I took my first two pictures of the twin spires ,ancient and modern, which is very much a modern phenonema in most cities.
Had a great day at the bar, as per Part 1, with a visit as usual from Ian " the pianist", busy, but I was gobsmacked to discover that the workies were out doing their thing at the tramworks - Double time said I - but no, the lads were on basic , and some were sweating as to whether they were getting paid or not for the weekends work. But even worse - I was told that all the work done in filling in the section between palmerston Place and Manor Place last week was being dug up again as the Gas Board did not want the other utilities so close . So on Omnday all the "high heid yins" will have a meeting to decide what to do next !! No wonder this project is costing a fortune - no bugger knows what they are doing.
Young Graham the barman, was amazed at the way I was getting on with the customers, time the staff all paid heed.
Headed home to commune with nature, in my case, not to hug a tree or run naked through the forrest, but to get on with weeding my front garden, which I manged to do in lovely sunshine - with the occasional pauses to talk to passers by, Bobby Watson who was on about the big dinner being organised by Penicuik Rugby Club on 1st May, and my neighbours daugter with her new baby.
While I was in the front garden, Mrs. B. was doing a better impression of Edward Scissor Hands with her secateurs, destroying the back garden, and that was without drink!!!
Then, the thieving pigeon arrived next door to steal food from the bird feeder, it is a bit big for the feeder which is designed for tits, finches, etc, all the totty ones, so the pigeon kept falling off the feeder. Mrs. B. thought it was injured, not the case, just a greedy bird.
Talking of "birds" - switch to "filly's", the dreaded Sparky Mark was at Ayr Races yesterday and claimed he was was being stalked by young females !!! ( managed a couple of phone numbers) then arrived back at the Mercat with his pals - at the end of the day it was Paddy our bar Supervisor who gets the award of the day for taking Sparky home and putting up with his gibberish en route.


Now, time for a kip, another long day ahead.

No comments: