Thursday 22 July 2010

No sign of dawn yet.

The wee sm hours and I am not up and about to head South to Risley, job was cancelled yesterday afternoon , so it will now be next week. Irrespective, here I am wide awake with nowhere to go and unable to start some DIY for fear of wakening the house up or the neighbours - not that I would at this time of day . BUT - I did spend all day yesterday doing odd jobs about The Mercat Bar and some more chair repairs in the garage at home during the evening.

I am trying to fix seats which are so badly made it is unbelievable, held together with glue and stables, they may well look nice but are nothing but shoddy cheap foreign imports. Coincidentally I watched an advert on the TV late on from one of our major furniture groups, who are advertising suites for sale, double discount, reduced from £975 to £775 then to £445 and of course you then cet four years interst free loans. The suites probably cost less than £100 to make and by the time the four years are up it will be heading for the recycling skip.

Not being a golfer, other than an armchair viewer and watched the recent Open at St Andrews, I am wakening up with a series of vivid imagaes of golf shots, holes, etc - keeping me awake and entertaineded, however I would rather be asleep!! So I need a dream reader to analyse these last few night dreams.

I have not mentioned my friends at Edinburgh City Council for a few bulletins, obviously the trams seem to be going nowhere fast - lots of hot air being generated, in fact I am sure we could run a series of hot air balloons or Zeppelins in their place. The workies at Haymarket Station where they are building a large ramp on the site of the former Caley Ale House seem to be turning up for attendance money , and out at Gogar they must be rattling on to get the sheds up and finished to store the trams when they arrive and stop them getting rusty in the rain.
My other group of "Chums" may soon be getting anniversary cards from me as we are just a few days short of five years in debate with the - they appear to have greater staying power than ostriches !!

Now that I have had my honey and water, a wee rant , perhaps I may get a bit more sleep before I don the the "Bob the Builder" outfit again ( the words of Justine our young French expert - yesterday afternoon).

No comments: