Friday 23 July 2010

Nothing too exciting but satisfactory

Pot black , no, not the game but the state of me after my DIY antics, I seem to get dirtier and dirtier and take longer to clean up,including myself, after my handiwork. Thursday I headed off to Edinburgh Glass and Glazing and bought some security film to use on repairing the broken skylight at The Mercat Bar, broken when one of the flat dwellers threw his guitar out the window of the flat above.
Best job (dirtiest) was trying to seal the roof where we thought there was a leak using a rubberised sealing compound - got it everywhere, hands, arms, knees - just have to see if it works now. Was in a bit of a quandary as the tin said that I should not use the compound unless there was going to be no rain for forty eight hours !!! now, that is just asking too much, or so I thought, because we have had a nice wee dry spell.

My one stroke of good luck by staying at home was that had I headed South I would have been an eternity as the M74 was congested with roadworks and M 6 was partially blocked by a crashed lorry near Lancaster.

Home and back to these broken chairs - just plain shoddy, and I am having to use a bit of inactive, not having access to jigs and the special tools the workshops have.

Watched the Panorama documentary last night with Jeremy Vines about the alleged malpractices of some of the employees of the veterinary group, MediVet who have a chain of surgeries in the south of England. Quite interesting with an expose on some of the double billing going on , prices for veterinary treatment are exorbitant based on the USA private medicine style. I am sure that the despite the Company's protestations they will receive some attention from animal activists.

Today, off to see my plobotomist again - lovely lady, a happy practicing vampire, maybe !! who was pleased that I had had not worn my white shirt again ( the one with red spots on it - not blood) so we will get the results next week.

Next stop - Grant @ Mr Photogenix who was up to his eyes with lots of films to print off after his few days sojourn in Ibiza, not even stressed today - just me.

Home to the garden, where, with the sun still shining the garden beckoned and my grass shrunk and a few weeds bit the dust - so it was a satisfactory day for me in the end.

Feet up - up early a.m. and in to The Mercat Bar to open up, etc. Evening, downstairs is booked for the Great Grog wine dinner, which should be good.

No comments: