Thursday 1 July 2010

Blood , sweat and tears

Received a bit of a reprimand today as I had not added anything of interest since Monday night, but as I did not feel there was much to report, and being out of sorts I have had a sort of quiet week. But if they must know - Tuesday being a day off I sampled my latest Calcium tablets supplied by the Doctor, thought I was getting along fine with little or no side effects . Headed to town to see our legal advisers and headed home. Then late afternoon thought that I had been battered from all angles, felt terrible, so had to miss the bowling and eventually headed to bed early - as I have said before , this stuff is supposed to make you better, not kill you off.
In between watched a good game of footie between Spain and Portugal, which Spain eventually won, making Mrs b very happy as she has Spain in a sweep to win the world Cup.

Bad night, but as needs must it was up up and away to open up the Mercat bar , and get my coveted parking space in Roseburn. Place ticked along nicely, but with one member of staff down I remained there late, so by the time I got home and watched the end of the Andy Murray tennis match, I was really not wanting to do anything but get the aching feet up. Andy played well, gave Mr Tonga a bit of leeway early on but finished in style - I would presume that there will be good audiences on Friday, when it will hopefully not clash with the next world cup game.

Up early again this morning and was at the swimming baths by 0715, managed a bit of steam, and a short swim before I went for my appointment with the Plebotomist !!!! ( the nurse who takes your blood) at the local surgery. The young lady was very pleasant and right into the blood letting game - even told me how she used to practice on her parents, boyfriend and girl friends when she was in training !! She just conveniently had a syringe and swaps in her handbag when she went visiting. It was easy for me as I apparently have lovely veins and some nice fruity blood. She was not too chuffed to see that I was wearing a white Polo shirt which had some small traces of red paint on it - she thought I should cover it up in case some of the other patients thought I had been spurting all over the place. Due to the assortment of tablets which I take I cannot be a Blood donor, something which I did regulalry, following in my father's footsteps - who got his wee badges for regular donations.

Took RGB into the Mercat and helped with lunches again, steady, then left and headed home via College, and to see Grant@photogenix, who is swanning off to Ireland in the morning for a weekend of drunken misbehaviour with his pals allegedly for a birthday party.

Sparky Mark has come out of hiding again having carried out a ramming operation on a poor hapless motorist in Edinburgh during our absence, although his version of the story makes you thing that the poor 3rd party was at fault !! We have suggested that Sparky should apply for a vacancy with the Secret Service, not the Russian lot as they try to keep a low profile and not destroy the Nations treasures as Sparky does with obscene regularity

Have received word from the land of Oz, that the Upside down boy and his wonderful partner Caitlin plan to get hitched on 9th April 2011 and make the puppies part of a stable nuclear family - wrong choice of words for a country which is Non nuclear.
I once had a friend Terence Eugene Grant who was a stoker on the original HMS Ark Royal, and he was allowed into Oz with him shovelling furiously, however, the new Ark Royal was not allowed I believe because of its modern propulsion.

Need to do for the evening.

No comments: