Monday 28 June 2010

A well kent face from my past.


How often do you hear folks saying that "the World is a small place" or "imagine meeting you here" - well those were my comments today when I bumped into Kenny Anderson in Funchal airport, about to board the same flight as me.
Kenny, a former Police Officer in the Ident Branch occupied the adjacent office to me at Dalkeith for a number of years before he retired. He has now been living in Aberdeen for the past seven years, so I have no idea how many years it is since I saw him last - but not only that, his next door neighbour and close friend was a Tutor at College in Edinburgh where I still do work, and who always had time to spare to talk to me, she also left Edinburgh a few years ago - what a small world, etc !!!
We obviously made it home in one piece, bit of a change again from blue skies and bright sunshine in Maderia to fog and rain in Glasgow and the Central belt - then to make matters worse the news reader on Real Radio, in the car, announced that the water companies were becoming concerned about the lack of rain, lowering levels of reservoirs, and considering a possible hose pipe ban !!
At least the flight was good, the Thomas Cook flight left bang on the button and arrived in Glasgow nearly thirty minutes early - excellent, no complaints, that was both flights on time which is something other airlines should try to emulate.
So Andy Murray has managed to do well so far at Wimbledon, good - showed plenty of energy, unlike the tired efforts of a certain football team - not my words, but a quote from their Manager on 5 News tonight - is that an excuse. Pity they did not lose before the Chancellor stuck the extra on VAT, they would have been home in time and able to buy a bit more with their "excessive wages".

No comments: