Saturday 19 June 2010

22 left feet and a "Ba heid manager"







Saturday morning here and skies are a bit overcast but it is warm enough, in the meantime England mourns, complains etc after a rather lacklustre game of footie in South Africa last night.

Hopefully Scotland's rugby team will do a bit better tonight in their match in Argentina, and young Mr Murray is sharpening his rackets for the start of Wimbledon on Monday.

On the other hand , our local archers are out in force in the field across the road, and there is no carry on from them at all - just do not run along he line of buts as they are firing, and tonight Mrs. B , Sir Chris, and Miss Talk a Lot are taking part in the Moonwalk Edinburgh Marathon in aid of breast cancer - we wish them luck.

Made it to the weekly meeting of the Cult yesterday morning, everyone looked a bit tired, I was up at 4 .20 a.m. again as my alarm had not been switched off from Thursday morning !!! silly me - but I went and did my bit for the Mercat Bar, even started to promote the x-mas lunches by wearing my musical X-mas tie ( no doubt RGB will be mortified).

Popped down to see Grant@Photogenix who says I am a jinx, every time I go into the shop one of his machines starts to act up !! I am sure he is exaggerating. One of his customers, the lady from "Mucky Mutts" dogwash called in , and I was quite impressed with the artwork on her van.

Into the Mercat Bar where things were running smoothly under the watchful eye of Sir Christopher, we even had a couple of excellent testimonials from customers - so well done the staff. Decided to head for home, but collected my motor cycle boots from Jody @ Leme where his cobbler had done a super efficient job at repairing them, so that is two pairs of footwear rescued from the bin this week and restored to their former glory, well done Jody.

Home, where, while the sun was shining I took the opportunity to do a bit of spit and polish with the cars, get rid of the ash from our neighbours fires, and managed to have them looking a bit more presentable - all before the debacle of a football match. Big contrast to the USA - Slovenia game in the afternoon which was full of excitement, enthusiasm and excitement - I still think the USA were robbed by the ref who chalked off their third goal.

Off shortly to Mcmerry to see young Amy taking part in the local gala day celebration, official photographer I think !!

1 comment:

Ian said...

You need to get out more !!!!!!