Saturday 5 June 2010

Dawn Chorus and STV exposure

Well, what's new, back to my old sleepless ways again, wide awake at 12.45 a.m., just no way I was going back to sleep - into my usual "rocker" in the conservatory. BUT I had the TV on watching/ listening to "The night Shift, on STV with Cameron McKenna and Michelle Mcmanus. They were asking for folks to E mail them, so I did, and they actually read out the following - which was composed based on some of the comments being discussed. - fair tickled pink.

"Good Morning Cameron / Michelle, first time I have actually sat and watched the TV at this time of the day, I am having one of my sleepless nights but normally do not have the TV on , just the computer, so it makes a change. no dancing or pub for me last night, not even a glass of wine which is my usual tipple,, trying hard to be good but as we are going to The Mercat bar , Haymarket, on Sunday for a "jazz luncheon" I think that restraint will perhaps go out the window., whoopee. The wine tasting item was good, we have similar nights at the bar once a month sampling wines from different countries / regions of the world. Being in the studio you are missing a highly vocal dawn chorus, but with Michelle and the young lassie who sang with Snow patrol, you have your own personal chorus. Just heard that you have been out in the car park to hear the dawn chorus. do you think that the injured English Captain will be sent home or will he get a free holiday at the F.A.'s expense ? I have not heard the "old yin" singing but my wife thinks she is remarkable - so being the type of competition it is she could get the public vote, and with the dancing dog also in the final - it is any ones guess what will happen. Enough, you two enjoy the rest of your "shift". regards.

Had a nice E mail from the hotel we are staying at in August on our "Ruby" wedding anniversary, not sure if we will be dining in or out that night.

Have also heard from Tilak and Srimathy ( The Eden resort and Spa, Sri Lanka) who
have arrived in London on holiday so hopefully I will be able to make contact with them and they might even be able to make it to Edinburgh - once they discover that it is not in Ireland.

No comments: