Sunday 1 January 2012

An E.P.I.C. membership, plus more

I watched Ben Hur during the past few days, an Epic movie, as were many other - Sound of Music;, West Side Story;, Happy feet;, the James Bond series, etc. - all Epic - however for me the most epic experience of all is my membership of E.P.I.C. ( ex Police in Industry and Commerce). I joined EPIC in 1976 when I retired from the lothian and Borders Police - and since then the majority of the work I have had has come from fellow EPIC members. Next meeting, in Manchester on Friday 27th January 2012 when I hope to be there. EPIC members are involved in wide spectrum of the Security industry with total professionalism.
I must, however, say that many years previous to this , in 1967 I joined the I.P.A. ( International Police Association which is a vast organisation with a membership of serving and retired officers from around the World. I am still involved with the Lothian and Borders Branch who are always hosting overseas Police visitors to Edinburgh.
There are those who would allege that these Police organisations are just an extension of the regular Police Force - not true, we retired or had to resign after our service commitments had been met - so like thousands of others from many other walks in life - we just put our training and experience to alternative use.

No comments: