Thursday 26 January 2012

Like a dammed yo yo

Nearly bed time here in Manchester where I have returned - yes - drove down yesterday then home- had a sleep and came back again on the train today. Journey down was fine, could have had a cheaper ticket if I had known the train was going to be quiet, however, I at least had a comfortable seat, food, drink and wine. HOWEVER - when we got to Preston, there was no second carriage waiting so everyone crammed into what was left and they downgraded the 1st Class so everyone piled in to whatever space was free. I can apparently apply for a refund - but how many do or will.
Arrived at the Hotel, at the same time as some of the rest in our group - no trace of my booking !! however, one of the other said that I could take a room allocated to someone who had called off - no problem, receptionist gave me a key and off I went - nice room, I am happy - BUT -she never took my name, details, etc., so if something happens to me they have no idea at all who is actually in this room . But , do I care - no - I am happy to have free WI FI, and red wine.
Quite interesting getting to sit and chat to my colleagues for once - we have one chap here who is off to do a bit more than Sparky Mark did, he is taking a big group to Everest Base Camp, BUT he and some of the group are planning on trying to get to the top. Downside of this being that he trains every day, BUT has his staff training with him also - I wish him the best of luck, as do his staff , who will be pleased when he stops training.
Bit more news tomorrow when I am better dressed.

No comments: