Monday 23 January 2012

Through the eyes of the lens

Monday night, now fully recovered from Saturday's wine lunch, had a day at work and been out in the sun , yes, sunshine, cold but nice and bright.
I took the camera out as I was unhappy after Saturday, a few of my pictures were not fully in focus and I still have no idea why.
However , a few pics of Penicuik here, the old tower at St. Mungo's Church yard; Penicuik Town Hall, and the latest occupant of the original William Low Supermarket.


Going back to Saturday, popped in to have my ears set on fire by the Turkish boys, seated next to me was Gavin Hastings, former Scotland Rugby Captain, in for a shave. I was really embarrassed for him when another customer who recognised him started making a fuss and was telling the Turkish boys who he was etc. classic stage whispers, and really out of order.
An Excellent result for Edinburgh Rugby with their win on Sunday taking them through to the next round of the Heiniken Cup - playing at home in Murrayfield.
Lots of praise for the Big Pole Dancer and his staff at the Standing Order, George Street, from my friend who had been there on Saturday morning, totally unsolicited, he was giving me a rave review of the place and staff after his visit, not realising our association with the management there - well done.
Back to work at The Dolphin tomorrow, and staff are getting ready for their Burn's Dinner on Saturday - should be good
Should make it to RA 500 tomorrow night, but no late session for me, off to Glasgow and Risley on Wednesday, then SODS Law, having to go back to Manchester by train on Thursday.