Sunday 22 January 2012

A fine wine tasting

A great afternoon / evening had by all - I think. The wine tasting at the Mercat Bar was excellent, a choice selection of wines accompanied by great food.
There were over forty enthusiastic souls present, some who even managed to get most of the quiz questions correct - but I am not sure who won or what they won.

For me it was quite special as I met a friend who I have never ever met, and we have known each other for fourteen years. I did work for him for several years and we talked almost weekly on the phone. He was formerly a senior Detective in the Greater Manchester Police who was the lead Officer in the Myra Hindlay (Moors Murder) case.



There is another similar event in the pipeline, so watch this space for further details.


No comments: