Thursday 26 July 2012

My Olympic Diet - topical at this time

Now on the final run up to the start of the Olympics and I am doing my bit, best as I can in view of the circumstances,  hopefully not the full couch potato, watching my diet and taking advice / counsel from my own personal trainer / guru.
Hopefully Lord Coe and his team of the Olympic secret police will not seek me out if I go public with the diet  !!
Trying to be good:-  selecting either the finest Scots porridge oats or fresh fruit and yogurt for breakfast;  light lunch of salad sandwiches;  and a mixed salad each evening , cold meats, eggs, fruit, sweet potatoes -  excellent.  Unfortunately for me I am not in the position at the moment to get the missing essential - exercise - as diet alone is useless.   I was obviously fortunate to get a good kick start, if you call starvation and damp foam lollipops (NHS style) a start -  but you cannot do that without detriment.
On the other hand - I am allowed meringues, and the expert chef at home has an abundance tucked away for me if I am good !!
Unfortunately, within this diet I  am having to take a light laxative - tastes not bad when mixed with orange juice , however downside is that I have the midnight Olympic 10m dash from bed to "loo", when I cannot always wait for the "starters gun" without the risk of an antisocial event -  then, having made it to the porcelain chair; there is no chasing the field - rooted to the spot - however it does give me the opportunity to discuss the events of the past day and forthcoming day with my little Guru in the corner.
Looks like Hamden Park will now be the official Nipponese  tourist route following their win over Spain today at the football, which was a turn up for the books;  fortunately the faux pas last night there with the displaying of the wrong Korean flag has been attributed to someone in London ,  good job for us.
Not sure what will be the most exciting so I will keep one eye on "The Hunt for the Red October" (classic movie) while watching the Team GB men attempt to repeat what the ladies have already done.

No comments: