Wednesday 11 July 2012

Nice peaceful night - UNUSUAL VENUE

Now reclining in bed , in a hospital ward following a bit of neat surgery yesterday afternoon.   This is a follow up to surgery I had here in the Western General about eighteen months ago.     Nothing has changed,  service is very good; staff friendly, helpful and cannot do enough to help,  excellent.    Fortunately I have good pain support at the moment, but am not looking forward to the change over and coping with a bit of agony when I do get home - not quite the old adage here, "no pain no gain", as Cruella would say during her massage sessions.
On a liquid diet for a couple of days but the night shift staff kept me going with cups of tea - lifesaving nectar,    So no steak or vino tinto for a few days, all the more reason for trying to get home as soon as possible !! and of course I have the Olympic Games to look forward to while recuperating for the next couple of months. This time it must be a case of do as I am told - no heroics and doing things that other folks should have done.
Another day, another blood test !!! and of course, the dreaded physiotherapist to look forward to.

No comments: