Tuesday 8 September 2009

Just pausing to reflect

Sort of shattered this morning , but what can you expect after the events of the last two days.

The London City Airport lounge slowly emptied last night, staff were heading home and I thought we might get issued with blankets and pyjamas as the minutes passed into hours and with flights leaving the departure board was slowly clearing.
My saving grace was having the wee Netbook, being able to use the free wi fi , and also watch a movie which Grant @ Photogenix2 had loaded for me earlier.
Eventually at 9.20 p.m. or thereabouts we were put on board an Air France plane which had come in from Amsterdam I think. At this stage there were only twenty two passengers left for the flight so I presume some had transferred over to British Airways or earlier Air France / City Jet flights to Edinburgh using transferable tickets.
Once on board there was hardly any comment made about this delay, other than a brief apology and a joke about a pilot breaking an earlier plane - which was a very marked contrast with the way we were treated by National Express and the shorter time delay on the train !!!
We had been given a £5 voucher in the airport, but with the cheapest pint of beer at £4.70 !! - (dearest was £6.70p - robbing bleeders) although I did get a toasted pannini for less.
Worst nightmare for me was to discover that the wine on board was really rough, and the sandwich was solid dough.

Plane landed and we parked up (somewhere near the Airport as one man put it) we then were bussed to the terminal and fortunately for me RGB and Master Liam Wilson arrived within seconds of me reaching the pick up point - home to bed - perchance to sleep, to dream, etc.

No comments: