Monday 7 September 2009

The very, very late Mr B. how much worse !!!!


Well, after Sunday's escapade I thought it could not get any worse, but , believe it or not it has -


In the interim I did have a good day with the third session of the neighbourhood management Course, my ladies were First class and seem to have coped with my somewhat unorthodox teaching methods !!
So, back to the tale of woe - finished the course and met up with young Declan Cassidy, the Sales Manager at The Strand hotel, had a wee blether and a glass of wine, before heading for the tube at Covent Garden, reached the platform after a decent in the lift to discover that my next connection on the Circle line was cancelled long time as someone had managed to fall onto the track and died as a result. Obviously a very sad and unfortunate incident which has caused serious inconvenience for the thousands of commuters trying to get home.
So it was by a different route I headed east to the Docklands, where on the way a number of the escalators were also out of order with folks huffing and puffing up the non moving stairs.
Absolutely delighted to get to the City airport, shoes off, belt off and through the security to discover that the flight was, yes , DELAYED, initially for one hour, and now for two and a quarter hours. Lady at the customer service desk was unable to offer me digs for the night !! so hopefully a plane will arrive before the airport closes for the night at 10 p.m.
Not much I can do but take fluids and compensate for the dehydration caused by this air conditioning.
Certainly an adventure to date - good job I am on my own.
For the further adventures of the late Mr B . watch this space.

No comments: