Saturday 26 September 2009

Pin cushion man






















Saturday tea time, lots of sunshine both today and yesterday.

Friday, we headed off at 9 a.m. , took the bus up to Stains and had a nice wee wander. I left the girls to go "shopping" and took myself off to explore. The town of Stains is apparently famous due to the production of linoleum way back in the late 1800's and there is a sculpture commemorating the same in the High Street. Manged to find the local Wetherspoon's pub , The George , where we stopped for some lunch before heading down to sit by the River Thames for an hour. As I said, the weather was lovely, there were lots of folks about in the High Street , and it seems that the dancing programmes on the TV are making dance classes so popular as three different dance schools were out recruiting.
I even popped into the local community centre in the town , place was very busy, lots of different activities taking place, scrabble, massage, language classes, card schools, and a nice restaurant. Met the Manager, Sue, who runs the show along with a team of volunteers and seems to be doing a brilliant job.


Dropped into William's local club where I spotted this plaque for an English brew "Tea Beer" which will please Mr Allan Senior who is always asking for a glass of tea !!! but he generally is looking for a pint of Tennants.

Home, had a sit in the garden till William finished work, and we then took a light libation, with feet up in front of the TV.

This morning , again lots of sunshine, although it was cool early on - but we were off to catch the bus up to Windsor. Arrived along with bus loads of tourists, and the first tourist spot is the crooked house, which has been like this for a very long time, however, our ladies were more interested in the big shops - so that let William and I off the hook. Headed for the bookies so that William could do his forecast . Sitting listening to the Virtual Racing when I heard a dog's name being called "Swift Malcolm", which was one of the names Carolanne and Dennis use " Swift ---- followed by a name. Too late to put a bet on , and the dashed thing WON.

Up the street I saw a sign outside a Chinese Herbalists offering cheap massage , so I went in , the "Doctor" had a prod or two at my back and neck which were knotted and rock solid and without more ado, decided that I was needing acupuncture - me, I had no say in the matter - and within a couple of minutes I had needles in my neck, shoulders, back, bottom , legs and ankles !!!! he could not speak English , I had no idea what was happening so just had to lie still and hope for the best. After a while I could feel lots of heat generating in my back, a few electric shocks, a bit of muscle twitching, etc. When he did return he drew out the needles and gave me one of the heaviest massages I have ever had - BUT , it was brilliant and seems to have done me the world of good. looks like it was money well spent , although I did resist all his offers for various medicines.

Met the team and we took ourselves down to the Three Crosses Pub to see if Eddie Murphy was on duty, the ex policeman we had met on our last trip there, however he was elsewhere so all we could do was leave a message , after a couple of beers and our lunch.
Headed for the bus which arrived 35 minutes late, and then the driver GOT LOST - took the wrong turning and had to go round the block a couple of times - I think he was very new to the job and by the time we got back to Egham he was about 50 minutes behind schedule.

So , time now for dinner, a glass of wine, feet up and have a laugh at the X -Factor

Tickets now all organised to get home tomorrow.

No comments: