Wednesday 16 September 2009

Tue/ Wed and we are making progress.




So , Tuesday really was a bit of a lost day, did some paper work and then ended up in The Mercat Bar helping my mate Jim , from Dash Security, to upgrade our CCTV and while I was up ladders to tidy up cables, etc
Home and had a night in on the computer, and in front of the TV. Early bed and had another read at my Masonic book on the Royal Society, interesting to read about the formation of Boyle's Law , way back in 1606.
Evening without my red wine, and guess what
, 3 a.m., wide awake, and at 4 a.m. massive cramps attack, which is still, ( 15 hours later affecting me).




So, up early again, this time to chaos on the road outside, all caused due to a very serious accident at the House of Muir Farm on the A702 at 6 a.m. when someone sustained massive head injuries. Carlops Road was nose to tail and it was taking 45 minutes to travel the five miles north to the City By pass.
Onto the box one more, and then had to head into Carrick Motorcycles, Leith to get my BMW its MOT. As I had to wait, I took myself off for a walk and took the attached photos of the statue of Robert Burns at the bottom of Leith. I also spied these super crests around the door of No 5 Maritime Street, but I do not know what the building originally was.
MOT was duly delivered and I headed for home - had originally planned on meeting Grant@ Photogenix2 but the shop was shut and as Yvonne's granny passed away last night, rest in peace.
On a different theme I was reading about St Kilda ( the edge of the world) and the day when the Islanders were all taken off and the Island abandoned - it was very sad and graphic to read " Each St Kildan family went into their home for the final time and placed an open bible on the table and a handful of oats on the table - succour and sustenance for the unlikely visitor - before drowning all of their domestic pets".
Very very sad, considering how long the island had been occupied
under such extreme conditions. I am not sure why they could not take their pets with them - but I presume that it might have been that they would have had no immunity at all to the diseases on the mainland.
Now, we hear that the military are moving out so the Island will be returned to the rigours of nature and only visited by humanity for six months a year - the edge of the world right enough.
Home, with something strange happening - real sunshine and blue skies, so despite the fact I had work to do it was out into the fresh air, pulled many weeds and then Mrs B. appeared with bags of bulbs so there I was out in the sun and a wee production line planting out my pots for next year.
Sparky Mark, back online after his trip to Snowdonia with his friends from the Kilimanjaro hike - so now he has to to "chill out" once again - before taking up his strenuous duties of disaster and destruction !!!


Nice wee call from our local MSP's office, (Christine Grahame) inviting me in to see her at the New Scottish Parliament in early October.







No comments: