Saturday 12 September 2009

Two sunny masonic Days plus

Just a quickie to show I am still in one piece. Arrived at Mercat with RGB and Scotty on Friday a.m. to discover that I had been taken in under false pretenses, just to get him in as Jo Jo had taken his van. I was supposed to be off and could have been sitting in the sun at home - so much for being told to hide the sunglasses !!!

So I just stayed and helped out , for the fun of it, the nice customers help make my day - and two of my ladies who always, always have nachos , had a brainstorm and ended up with a massive dish of mussels - which they really enjoyed.

Home, and out sharp to the meeting of Provincial Grand Royal Arch Chapter of Mid and East Lothian - where I submitted my resignation simple because I just cannot guarantee to make all the meetings officially, but will not stop me from going. Good meeting , then home to try and brush up on ritual for today - fell asleep with the book in my hand.

Up sharp again , fabulous morning - more sunshine and onto the bus to Bonnyrigg. Popped in to see Grant who was heading off to a weeding, then along to lodge. 1st Degree meeting of the OSM , which for me actually went OK - so I was a bit happier with myself and performance. Good turn out of visitors from all over Scotland.

Stayed for the meal, did my speech to the Visitors, which was a bit unorthodox, then onto the bus to meet Mrs B at the Mercat and from here ( where I am writing, we will, once fed be going back to the Standing order for a wee surprise party - more to follow. BUT - having just had a superb siloin steak - with trimming, what more can I say, other than that I will never ever be a vegetarian .

No comments: