Wednesday 14 October 2009

Another Masonic Evening.


Just home a short time ago from another installation , this time at The Lamp o'Lothian R A Chapter, Haddington. However, having had a long day I decided to head for home rather than stay for what was smelling like a wonderful meal.
I have always said that Freemasonary , the Masonic Orders, were one of the largest fundraising and charitable organisations in the World, and here is a Certificate from the Shriners, 100Million Dollar Club, acknowledging a past donation from the Haddington Lodge.
I should also acknowledge the death of one of our members, John Houston Spence, from Bonnyrigg. He was a long standing member of both Lodge Dalhousie Bonnyrigg No 720 and Laird O Cockpen RA Chapter No 500. He was also a very good friend of my father as he was a former employee of Ferranti Ltd., Edinburgh, and always spoke to me about him and his involvement with his family whenever we met at the Lodge.

No comments: