Tuesday 6 October 2009

So much to do

Beginning to lose track of time, thought that it was Wednesday already - just lots to do at the moment.

Monday, I was up at 4 a.m. once more, and no computer to be found so I pottered about then eventually left early for The Mercat. Met the new cleaner who was buzzing around, a young Polish lad, "Z", as I could not pronounce his name.

A few clients in early for breakfast, however it just tailed off and the rest of the morning and evening over lunch. The bloody tram works were relatively quiet up till about 11.30 a.m. and then the usual mayhem started once more. It is getting so bad that folks are walking along the street with their fingers in their ears.
One of the other businesses nearby were so badly affected last week by the noise that they called in the local Environmental Health officers to monitor the noise - they initially would not attend , but when it was pointed out that had it been loud music in a house they would have been on the spot. Anyway, they came, monitored the noise levels, refused to commit themselves and did not even know the regulations - then said that the noise had to be averaged out over twelve hours !!! load of cobblers - as they would never ever get a conviction.

Beloved Angela ( Brown owl) and Bridget (night owl) have me working double time converting my course ( neighbourhood management) from an up front presentation into a distance learning package - got the old grey matter in a turmoil, but getting there. So last night it was a four hour session before I called a halt and tipped into bed.

BUT 1.15 a.m. wide awake once more - this time managed to stay in bed for a bit longer, before heading to town.
Had a very nice German couple in for the second morning running, they were saying that they thought Princes Street was like a building site with the tram works - Edinburgh's disgrace.

Visited Gillian "smelly girl" at Fraser's whose mother died recently and wished her well.

Home at the toot to get organised and Mrs B and I headed for the Scottish parliament at Holyrood where I had a meeting with MSP Christine Grahame. from the outside the building looks a bit of a shambles, however, once inside we were very impressed - beats working in a "Nissan hut". Mrs Grahame was very nice, listened to my story so perhaps I might make some headway.

On the way out met a former colleague, Davie Johnston, who was a dog handler based at Dalkeith, he retired in 1995, just before me - we enjoyed our blether and reminiscing the old days.

Home, but with so much work waiting to be done I had to fore go my visit to Lodge 720 Dalhouse, Bonnyrigg. Needed to get get on with my project.

No comments: