Saturday 3 October 2009

Squaremen / Standing Order / and sound up.

Sitting watching the X - Factor tonight with Mrs. B.who is continually talking to herself, because, I am not paying any attention !!! If we were judges I am sure there would be bloodshed as we cannot agree at all. But we do wish Simon Cowell a happy 50th birthday.



Anyway - before I forget, I had a rant the other week about the governments proposals to make car drivers responsible for accidents involving pedal cyclists - I am toyally against thjios having watched hundreds of incidents where cyclist have blatently flouted the law by riding on footpaths, ignoring traffic lights, no lights, and many incidents of dangerous riding. Yesterday, firstly I saw a young lad whose bike had ended up under a "Chelsea tractor" and had a seriously bent front wheel - went though my mind about all the things they got away with - then literally twenty minutes later witnessed two traffic officers booking a cyclist in The Meadows - about time.



So - busy morning in The Mercat, met a lovely mother/ daughter pair in for their first time ( Mercat Virgins) despite the fact they live locally - enloyed their breakfast and will be back again.

Left sharp to head for the Standing Order to see Archie the pole dancer, who has a bad leg following a slip ( training for his next act maybe???), and ended up helping , so maybe I can get a job there with a good boss rather than RGB!!!!



Headed down to the Edinurgh Masonic Club for a meeting of the Order of The Squaremen, great meeting, three candidates who enjoyed themselves inluding the members who were in great fettle.



Headed back up to the S O where I discovered that the great pole dancer had absconded!!! so it was home on the bus - with a nice wee chat to Russell Imrie, a friend and also a local Councillor with Midlothian Council -
so now - if only I could get peace to watch the TV

No comments: