Thursday 22 October 2009

Still no rest for the wicked

Despite my previous comments, the lovely Sharon at the dentist's surgery was nice and gentle, gave my molars a good clean and polish and prescribed a new tooth paste to help stop my teeth being mega sensitive
it was then off westwards following the "three wise men" stopping off to deliver a nice wee bouquet of flowers to Sheena in Bathgate who is aging gracefully.
She did well recently during a trip to New York where her beloved husband treated her to a pair of Johnny Choos shoes .
So onwards westwards to the Audi Centre, Hillington, for the security exhibition. Must admit that is getting smaller each year, fewer exhibitors, many affected by the recession and similarly the numbers of visitors is falling. But despite this, there were some interesting stands, top of the range equipment, and I certainly found it worthwhile. Must try and get to the SSA Dinner on 23rd November even if I do have a previous engagement the next day.
So home, did a bit work, and then later in the evening headed off to the Mercat where I did my impression of Van Gough ; Turner ; or even McTaggart; painting / or freshening up the "loos" - so at 3 a.m. I gave up and headed home to bed.
Despite my best efforts I still had little sound sleep and was up early to get on with a couple of outstanding tasks, which I eventually manged to do - thank goodness.
Had a call to SAGA home insurance where I spoke with a charming and helpful young man who is going to do a little research for me - makes a change to get some good customer service.
Watching an example of Rogue Traders on Watchdog, the Rogue of the week, a so called tree surgeon who was charging the equivalent of £1600 an hour for cutting down small trees. he could not even get three small tree stumps out - which took the TV boys 90 minutes - just think what I could have charged our William for spending three days digging out his tree stump last year,
Andy Mckeen ; Bill Annand are away to India now with No 1 ( MEZ 1st Principal of the SGRAC of S) Ian Fraser to install the new Grand Superintendent of India and Ceylon in Mumbai - just unfortunate that there is an overlap with my forthcoming holiday week Friday other wise I would have been back there with them. Never mind, I have a good holiday to look forward to.
So, the choice was to watch the rather bigoted leader of the BNP on the BBC in Question Time , or see some gifted artists at work in the Master Chef, no competition - the good food win every time = especially accompanied by a glass of red wine.

No comments: