Tuesday 13 October 2009

Right or wrong way up.

Tuesday I think, having been in the house all day chained to the computer.

Monday I was in early at The Mercat bar and had my four visitors from the USA in for an early breakfast, Helen Jean and parky Lloyd Thompson from Kentucky and Larry and Phyllis McAtee from Ohio. All have been staying round at the Hilton Grosvenor but choose to have breakfast with us. Fortunately the have a good sense of humour so they were able to cope with me !!!


I had our new chef, young Dee from New Zealand on learning the ropes with Claire. She is quite quiet so no doubt we will get her sorted out in due course.

Sir Christopher appeared briefly, all tanned and looking like a movie star ( the incredible hulk perhaps) heading off to see his new niece at Musselburgh.

Not too busy so RGB and I coped OK, then I headed home, a nice day. New roadworks about to start on the A702 at Howgate, no idea what they are planning to do but the main road is to be shut every night from 7.30 p.m to 4 a.m. - once again we are under siege.

Sparky arrived last night while we were sitting chittering, our central heating had taken a wee wobbly to itself, possibly following a series of thumping by Mrs . B. - but soon we were all sitting comfortably - as they say.

Today I had decided that no matter what happened I was going to bash on with my project work for Brown Owl and Night Owl down south . Easier said than done, acres of papers to read and try to put into some semblance of order, and in between , several E mails to deal with, phone calls, etc., BUT I did get nearly most of my list completed. Problem now is finding the time to finish the rest, next couple of days in Edinburgh and heading back south to Runcorn on Friday - what more can a man want ?

Now the conundrum - do clothes dry faster inside out or upside down ? I really need to know, every time I hang out the washing to dry, Mrs. B. will appear and rearrange it all saying that I did it all wrong !!!

Reminds me of the time, many moons ago when my parents entered in a "Mr and Mrs" Competition run by the Edinburgh Evening News. They reached the finals and in the theatre in Edinburgh the final "Mr's" had to peg out a line of washing - dad did a good job, and they were either the winners or runners up and won a weekend trip to London, which, for them all those years ago, was big event.

No comments: