Wednesday 28 October 2009

A rushed week,

Morning - It is not not the case that i am getting lazy , just busy and running out of time with other things on my mind. As you will note it is just a little before dawn once again , and I am up and about to head off again , at relatively short notice down to Runcorn , and via Glasgow. No short cut this time as i will need to go back to Glasgow this afternoon.

Highlight of the past couple of days was the Installation last night at the laird o Cockpen RA , No.500, when I relinquished my jewels, and the door keys to young Dougie Neill, well done Douglas, some young blood to keep us old chaps in place - he with his wing man, Big Ian ,and Sparky mark in the 1st Soj. seat, and a new young un !! Grant of Photogenix by his side.

It was my privilege to receive my IPZ jewel from Douglas, but in this case it was very special, The jewel ws that previously owned by the late William Allan, who was MEZ during the period 1976 - 1977, and returned to the Chapter following his death last year. I was also able to get his apron and sash . Hopefully I will wear them with pride and never tarnish his memory.

There were a few of the well kent faces missing last night, two being Bill Annand and Andy McKeen, who along with No 1 Ian Fraser are out in Indai and Goa, and just to rub salt into the wounds, after their Installation duties in Mumbai are out in Goa. Never mind, I will be off to Egypt for a well deserved break with friends and family on Friday morning - now that the Installation os over and one with.

Need to go - the dreaded white van men are beckoning !!!