Tuesday 23 November 2010

Jimmy Mason RIP

Tuesday night , in the house, missing the RA meeting of Laird O'Cockpen 500, but had to get on with work which came in this afternoon - although I had planned on a night at rest before my visit to the Western in the morning.

So Sunday had a nice wee wander to the big boys toy shop at P C World, some wonderful new computers to play with if I had the time and the money, and the staff were very helpful with my problem phones, as always.

Topic of discussion being Scotland's latest disgrace, namely Gillian McKie, who is a total drama queen in this latest "I'm A Celebrity, etc" she has never stopped moaning and winging since she joined the programme. But she has made it clear that she does not want to break her contract as it is worth a lot of money to her - not sure if it is doing her profile much good. On the other hand Stacy is doing really well.

Monday I attended the funeral of Jimmy Mason at Warriston, it was the first Humanist service that I have been to and I thought it was very good - big crowd for Jimmy who was a real man's man and a character. We met him originally several years ago when he started to come to the SODS meetings ( Standing Order Drinking Society), with his wife and Brother in law.
Popped in to see Cousin Walter and collect a batch of his lovely cooking apples which we will use in the Bar.

Up to KB afterwards to meet up with young Mr Cowan, so that has led to a few more jobs to do- keeps me out of mischief.

No comments: