Thursday 11 November 2010

Turst the wardens to spoil my day


Thursday morning and I was seriously thinking of having a duvet day as the wind was blowing and the rain thumping down, unlike yesterday which was really bright and pleasant.
Yesterday I headed off sharp and dropped in to see one of my "new bosses" , JC, who I have seen little of since my days at BSkyB, great to see him again.
Off to Bookers to stock up the kitchen for the coming Rugby weekend, but due to kitchen being busy over lunch i parked up at Donaldson's School and walked along to Haymarket. En route I met the four folks in the photo, Moira and Dan, and Mavis and George, up from sunny Seaton Sluice !!!!!visiting Edinburgh for a couple of nights - yes, you have guessed right , they ended up in The Mercat for lunch before heading off to explore the City while the sun still shone. What a delightful team , and I am sure we will see them again over their stay.
BUT - headed back to the car to find that one of Edinburgh City Council's finest traffic wardens, either fitted with a brain or a computer had decided I had been parked too long so that was another £30 in the City coffers for the powers to be to fritter away on their tram project or some similar botch up - only consolation was that I was not alone - pretty little envelopes adorning cars along the street.
So that was my exciting day - blood pressure up - finances down - needed to go lie in a darkened room once more. Only have myself to blame.

No comments: