Saturday 24 November 2007

India - saturday night Sunday a.m.

Now 1 a.m. Sunday, which is 9 p.m. at home.

Odd day today, once I sobered up I hit the trail with Andy McKean, and we went to the shops, at one point I ended up un an office on their computer whichwas better than the Hotels.

Came back, had tea, and sat for ages waiting for Mr Richard Head @ Dick to get off the one computer in the hotel, but as he was no doubt talking to his boyfriend who was sitting on a wi fi lap top opposite him I eventually left and went to a wee Cyber cafe where I got my flights and ticketc confirmed in minutes.

Took a walk and ended up in a hairdressers, ( photo later) got a hir cut, shave, head, face and then back and shoulder massage - over an hour , for about three pound, boys were great, spoke very little English but end result was good.

Asked Police where there was a bar, they sent me to a hotel, but I went to a "permit house", a bit like the Mercat ( NOT NOT NOT) where I had a pint bottle of Kingfisher Lager plus a two egg omelette with two fresh warm rolls for about one pound twenty pence - and had a Tv to watch India being hammered by Pakistan.

Picked up at 6 p.m all in our full kit, kilts, etc for another RA meeting attended by about 25 members and guests (considering who the guest of honour was !!) anyway, the meeting was good and the meal was excellent.

Back at Hotel, caused a bit of a stir as I would not move from lounge while cleaners were in, was not a problem to me to have hoovers and carpet cleaners running , but they wanted me to go to my room - but as Mr R. Head (@ Dick) was back on the PC I would not move and "instructed - under threat" the Managers to get the carpet cleaners back.

Anyway, one of the young ladies from the USA now wants on the box so I am heading off to take a bit more Jura.

Not sure if I will be back on before home- so Grant ahd better get his form ready for Tuesday, etc.

Cheers

No comments: