Wednesday 26 December 2007

Happy x-mas / Boxing day

Folks, there is just too much to do, so sorry I missed a x-mas day post, however if Robbie had not poured a bottle of beer over the keyboard at the Sportsmans there would have been a bit more news.

Graham ended up in the Western General Hospital on x-mas eve afternoon, where he had an abscess on his chest cut and drained - so I was busy scooting about with him and Ann before I headed to work at the Sportsmans. A nice wee crowd, with just the inkling of trouble but it did not come to much, I would think not with Simon and me on the door. We closed the bar at 12.30 a.m x-mas day so I was able to get off up the road and left karen, Karen and Kerrin to close up for me.

Up again to see if Santa had called, however, I was running out of time and could see no trace of a sledge or reindeer droppings!! Ann made a big breakfast (traditional) which we washed down with a wee drop bubbly, only minutes before Robbie, Caitlion, Phil and Debbie arrived to pick me up for work at Musselburgh.

Headed to the pub, whichj was all spick and span thanks to Chick and Paul who had come in to work (x-mas day) without being asked. Robbie and I got the place opened up and some of our regulars appeared.

We seem to have adopted a white pidgeon, whether it is a reincarnation of Bluey, i do not know. But it now lives on the window ledge above the pub, but comes down to the street to get fed.

Closed up at 3.30 p.m., haveing emptied the pub by putting on the Queens speech at high volume.

Headed to the Mercat where we met up with everyone else and sat down to a wonderful dinner prepared by jamie and Ann, however, feeling a bit unwell, as was Graham we had to leave at 7.45 p.m. and left everyone to be cheery - I think from the state of them this morning they were just a bit too cheery.

made it home where we found that Santa had been a calling - so opened up our presents, very nice ( socks, more socks, smelly stuff, books, CD's, wine, etc ) what more can a man want. However still feeling a bit off I went to bed at 9.10 p.m.

Today has been quiet, I had to take Graham into The Mercat, roads were quiet but there were a few in for breakfast - fortunately not too busy as the Jamie and Claire were just a bit delicate and operating at about 70% of normal speed ( that's me being kind) - so it is now time to rest before work again tomorrow.

Our Antipodean friends seem to be a bit quiet, but they were still hard at it at 1 a.m.

Cheers.

2 comments:

Minx2581 said...

Hey Xmas day was a good crowd except for big george who i still aint gonna serve next time he is in! xx

Stuart said...

Proud of you Miss MX