Monday 17 December 2007

Not a morning to sunbathe

Out at the crack of dawn to find all frozen with temp at -8C. Just a wee bit cold, however both cars did start, although the Ford was on a charger. BUT - now it is parked down the street with a dead battery, looks like the cold has taken its toll right enough.

Spend the morning tidying up, doing some bookwork and then down the street - where car conked out leaving me to walk home with a big bag of groceries needed to make the dinner.

Whilst raking the drawers up the stairs I found a newspaper article about me when I was 25 yrs old and did a sponsored slim for The British Heart Foundation, I was overweight then at 14 stone and lost 20 lbs, now I am sitting nearer 16 st - bloody hell, looks like I need to lose 48 lbs to return to my former glory, Mission impossible springs to mind.

No comments: