Tuesday 4 December 2007

OH What a day

Sleepless night between sore stomach and a restless wife, so it was up early.

Agreed to drive Graham into town, on what I asked, not a lick of petrol in the car, running on fumes, however the nearst garage is only 200 yds away so we were safe. Then got stuck in terrible traffic so it took me 70 mins to get into the Mercat, but having phoned ahead the lovely Clair was waiting at the kerbside with my roll and a cup of tea.

Down to Scott Cuppola's for my electrical stuff - whizzed through, then , NO BLOODY WALLET, left it in the house being in a rush.

Onwards to Musselburgh where robbie and I dismantled the toilet, fitted the new siphon, replaced toilet, dismantled toilet, replaced siphon, and again replaced cistern - and blow me down it worked.

Back to Edinburgh, this time with money and collected my electrical bits, before hading out to Bonnyrigg, stopping en route at Dougie Sneddon's roadside "cafe" - but he was pleased to see me and roll was good.

Into Bonnyrigg to see Grant at Photogenix, pinched umpteen chocolates - collected some chemical cleaner from him and off up the road.

Bit of a mess in the shower room where Ann had dropped nail polish but eventually it was all cleaned up - at the same time managed to get the lights fixed in the ceiling.

So not a bad days work after all.

Off to 720 with Sparky and Grant, then up early and down south in the morning. But Ann is going back to work tomorrow - after only 29 months getting messed about.

No comments: