Friday 7 December 2007

The late Bruce Robertson

Sadly, the stories of Bruce robertson's death were true. I am still not sure if he died on Tuesday night or Wednesday night, anyway it accounts for me not being able to make conatc during the week.
I first met Bruce way back in August 1966 when I joined the old Lothian and Peebles Constabulary and Bruce was the Admin P.C. in the D.H.Q. at Dalkeith. During the years he was promoted to Sgt and then Inspector in the Dept. and I remember one of the bosses calling him "Staff", as in Staff Officer. I am not sure if he was in the RAF at one stage but for some reason I think he was.

He was quite a character in those days, then i sort of lost touch after he retired but met up again through the Masons where he was in the Lodge, Chapter and Eastern Star. He was latterly the Lodge Secretary so i used to sit with him at all the meetings, and if he was a bit off colour he would get me to take notes for his minutes.

He was at the Installation last weekend and was trying to get Mark and me to saty on a bit longer ( at 4.30 a.m.) and on Tuesday night he sent me off with a wee task to doo and I was never able to let him know how I had got on.

He will be sadly missed.

No comments: