Thursday 13 December 2007

Me - MIA.

How time flies, and I did not realise that i have been out of touch for so long.

Anyway, in town during the day last Saturday then had to go and work at Musselburgh at night, as of 10 p.m. - good job though, I managed to shut the pub on time, but the Police raided three others who were planning lock ins for the big fight in the USA.

Sunday , we had the beer club x-mas dinner at the Mercat, so I managed to stay dry for that, only 8 hours of tea and water - hence rumbling belly late on.
Monday - race day at Musselburgh , but it was really quiet by comparison, quick scoot up the road and out again for urgent meeting at 720.

Call from BTP so I had to cancel everything and was up and off at 5 a.m. on Tuesday to Runcorn
no real hold ups so I was home quick and managed a sleep before heading to the RA at Tranent at night, good turn out with 22 from Provincial. John Ackroyd called, he managed to take in a wee charter flight round Mount Everest while he was in Katmandu on business for the BBC

Wed - my planned big day, Met Archie at The Mercat, glass of wine, and then off with Graham and Archie to Glasgow where we met pm with Stuart and Richard from the Old Original, before heading to Ibrox to see Lyon play Rangers. Have had this planned for a few weeks and i must say that the whole experience from the time I arrived till we left Ibrox was a great disappointment - not only because Rangers were seriously thumped, they had no heart or passion for the game. But for me the whole hospitality thing was bad. Anyway, the Heiniken rep, Jeremy, had Graham and myself home by 12 mn.

Today, up sharp, four new tyres on the car - ouch - then off to Bruce's funeral, very well attended and a lovely service taken by Rev. Ray Williamson, one of our own. Off into town - where we had hoped to take in a movie, but there was nothing that took our fancy so we went back up to The Mercat where dinner for me was a lovely bit of popeseye steak, glass of wine, etc. Archie popped in , he seemed to enjoy his day out with us yesterday, but agreed with me that there were serious shortcomings in the Champions Club.

Friday, looking ahead, rescheduled meeting a.m. sharp with accountant, then my turn to look after the Sportmans. Sat, massage organised a.m., and Ann is out at a 50th birthday party at night, so she will miss the big x factor final.

No comments: