Monday 17 December 2007

Lots of praise

Well, Ann came home and we went and managed to get the Ford started again. So I drove it round to Kwik Fit where it conked out and they started it twice. Mechanic !! metered the battery and alternator and said that I might need both replacing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Managed to get it moving but conked out in Tesco's car park, so I decided to leave it and went to let staff know it was broken down. The lady person I spoke to said that she thought Tesco had a scheme to help customers and called a young manager who phoned up the RAC who said they would attend, whenever, so I walked up home.

A while later the RAC man phoned and picked me up at the house and headed to the car where after a bit of checking found that there was a broken wire from the alternator. That took him about 5 minutes to repair and the car started on a jump and battery was then charging fine. It would appear that the wire had snapped when Frank was replacing the clutch on Saturday.

So, the car is now home, I will know in the morning if all is well, but I have to say that both Tesco and RAC did me well. RAC man was telling me that there were 46 outstanding calls in the Edinburgh area, with 8 mechanics on the road, so some folks would have a long wait.

Have spent the evening writing x-mas cards as Ann had made a start so it looks like they might even arrive before Christmas this year.

No comments: