Friday 28 December 2007

Is it bluey recincarnated?


Having mentioned the bird on several occasions I managed to get it to pose for me this morning. It is very tame and comes down each day to feed outside the door of the pub, possibly watching for Chick to make sure he is working or to see if he is going to invite it in for a drink. Anyway, we have a bag of bird food so we try to feed it in such a way that the seagulls do not come over and annoy us or it.
Pub was fairly busy on Thurday night, but Michelle had to leave early to look after her totty wee one who was playing up, and his sister was having nightmares after someone told her ghost sories.
Went out to Musselburgh this morning to sort out banking, wages, etc. but had to scoot up the road sharp to get to the Penicuik bank before closing. This meant that I was able to watch the Sinbad movie followed by James Bond in Octopussy.
Missed Robbie who had abandoned his father to the terrors of visiting Edinburgh alone, but I am sure he will have managed ( he is a bit like Crockodile Dundee) I think they were off to see Edinburgh rugby this evening, and then have Musselburgh races on Saturday.
So far I have now coughed for three weeks and am getting a trifle p*****d off with the whole thing, as is my wife. We had a call from her friend Carol tonight who sounds worse than me - so where does that put me.
Tomorrow is another day, cash and carry, pub, work, etc. so what's new, I mean we have never mentioned the fact that yesterday there was an assination in Pakistan which has mass ive implications for the world, we have floods, earthquakes, a man caught up a chimney in Australia trying to break into a house, and two poor folks drowned in a cave inYorkshire where I did all my caving years ago.

1 comment:

Minx2581 said...

Just a pity you never mentioned that both the 'lil cherubs' ended up in beside me where the kicked slapped, headbutted me etc for the rest of the night and i had hardly any sleep before my dayshift the next day! Charmin children so they are! lol xx