Sunday 11 March 2012

A chance to catch up, with feet up

This is a follow on wander from my previous blog about the Ross Fountain, as I strolled through Princes Street Gardens, the first item of interest is the Norwegian Stone, places there by the Norwegian army in return for the hospitality shown to them by the people of Edinburgh. Higher up at the side of the gardens is the war memorial to the 1914 war.




From the Gardens there are slightly perspectives on the sights along the High Street and Castle skyline.
Back onto Princes Street and the side of the pavement is lined with benches, donated by various people, this one with the plaque was one of two presented by Mr Mitwitch, the other being in memory of his wife who enjoyed visiting the City.
We ended up in the Standing Order yesterday and while blethering to the great pole dancer were joined by his charming wife (Tracy) and beloved daughter (Camryn) - lovely to see them all.

I had to go back to town this morning, via the Mercat Bar for breakfast and then dropped in to Specsavers to replace the TWO pairs of glasses which I have lost in the past year, and having broken a third pair (old ones) I am fed up wearing single lens specs balanced on the end of my nose. The optician looked very young !!! (and that was without glasses) but as I said to him, the same applies when you look at how young Policemen are, makes you realise how old you are getting. The young ladies were very nice, and coping admirably despite the fact their computer had crashed and they had to resort back to a paper system - so I soon hope to see the world more clearly !!
I was forgetting about the photo of the car, this young man found himself driving the wrong way down a single lane one way system towards oncoming buses, good job he was a dab hand at reversing - at least the bus driver thought it was funny especially when he saw me snapping the event.
Never mind, the weekend is nearly over, back to The Dolphin Inn in the morning, and wherever life's unexpected twists and turns take me - a tout a leur.

No comments: