Friday 16 March 2012

A few snippits of a wet and windy day

It has been a long day, up with the larks, or perhaps even before them- then off to the weekly meeting of the BNI - TGI group at the Marriot- and interestingly, passed the tram depot at Gogar en route and the nice new shiny trams were sitting out, looking good, and doubtless starting to rust !! I must try and get a photo while they are in a pristine state.
TGI were on form, an excellent meeting with about thirty five people present- real buzz about the group.
Had to bale out early as I was opening up the Dolphin Inn and had Bookers to go to before opening up - did the business and made for home, and with time before dinner I took myself off for a swim . Now this should have been a relaxing, destressing session, but - imagine the scenario, I am struggling up and down the length of the pool, doing my best to concentrate and also relax, with several others all doing their lengths - when - of course someone slips in and decides to swim back and forwards across the pool interfering with everyone else in the water - bloody pest, and of course they are exhausted after a few minutes and off to recover in the Jacuzzi - thank goodness.
Home - dinner, and along to Penicuik Bowling Club to get my fees paid for this year - no excuse this year for not playing so I am now looking forward to the opening day on 14th April.
Bit annoyed with Grant @photogenic, he made it to see Mrs Brown's Boys and did not let me know - a totally brilliant show, would have loved it.

Wooden Spoon is up for grabs tomorrow, and, fingers crossed, Scotland do not earn it by losing against Italy - come on lads do the business. And , just in case you are wondering who, I am not one of the bidders for Rangers FC - however, I hope that whoever does take it on board, does so with the intention of getting the Club back on its feet again.
Saturday - another day, maybe a bit more rain to keep our grass green and reservoirs full.

No comments: