Tuesday 20 March 2012

Some days pass painlessly - not this one

Rather subdued at the moment having been to the dentist who pulled out one of my two offending teeth - other one has to remain in place giving me gype for another two weeks. I was amused at having to curl my toes as he gave me the three jags, kind of took my mind of the needlework !!!

Had a bit time to recover before taking the bus into town to get my new glasses from Specsavers, served again by the lovely Lyndsay - so I am not having to do the on / off, on/off thing now to see what I am doing.



Shandwick Place is in an even bigger mess as they move on with the next phase of the tram works, but fortunately you only need to walk a few yards to get back to the relative tranquility of St John's Church and get some interesting views of Edinburgh.

Of course the beggars are still out in force, the Eastern Europeans in particular - this woman in the photo is one of a large group who have been in the City for a few years now - dammed pests and an eyesore, time we had the equivalent of a "pooper scooper" to deal with them.
Finally, I thought I was suffering, but spare a thought for poor Brian, father of Amy and Aaron, who, playing football last night shattered his finger - I saw the x-ray and it was not pretty - so he spent the night starting at the ERI and ended up in St John's where the surgeons have mended the brutalised digit.

No comments: