Wednesday 14 March 2012

My dozy act just pales into insignificance with--

Nice shift at the Dolphin Inn, some lovely customers in for lunch, and even a couple of the locals who have not been there for eighteen months and who were duly impressed and will be back -they promised.

We even managed to get the Internet in the pub working the way we have been wanting it for ages - simple thing like a faulty cable has been causing all the trouble.

Then headed home, and was looking in my pocket for something - YES, everyone has done it, found the keys for the pub which were needed this evening, so I had to trail back down the road with them - oops, silly me.

However, despite it being a bit of a mad rush, I dropped Sparky off at the Lodge on the way down, and then a quick scoot to Whitecraig (or that was the plan), but with darkness falling and "L" drivers on the road, it was a bit slower than anticipated. It is quite frightening following someone who has poor night vision - but I was back in time to make the opening of Esk 42 where they had a candidate for the RA degree.
Bertie Baa was telling me that some English Chapters have put an amendment to their Ritual book - in one section which reads "Air; Water; Earth and Sky" - it will now read "Air; earth and Sky" - in view of the hosepipe ban perhaps !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it right and proper to comment on the tragic coach accident in Switzerland which has cost the lives of twenty eight people, mainly young children, with another twenty plus seriously ill in hospital - what a shocking event. I am sure that all our thoughts go out to their families and friends. We think war is bad, but throughout the World we have carnage on a greater scale, all just part of our daily lives.

No comments: