Friday 9 March 2012

More mind games from Tesco

No - I have not been cured, nor have I given up on trying to fathom out why Tesco do what they do to sell their products. It might be me that needs some psychiatric help, however, I am sure there are marketing psychologists who have worked out how and where to place products to maximise sales.

My two examples this week are 1. The tea bags, same size and weight of tea - difference in price allegedly £1.29p - stocked in two totally different part of the shop. The higher priced being in the most obvious area and could have been construed to look like a special offer but was not masked as one.
2. The cheese is a different story, both sets of packs stacked side by side, double (350) pack total weight £5.55p, yet beside it is the 350 single pack at £3.98p - however buy a second one free so two 350 packs cost £1.57 p LESS than the double pack next to it !!! I would be interested to know what the profit is on the single 350 pack before any jiggery pokery.
Me - I bought two single packs so that i can make my cheesy toasties, or perhaps go French and have a "Croc monsieur".

No comments: