Thursday 15 March 2012

Dawn chorus to Masterchef triumph

Though I might start with the topical subject of Rogue Traders, this being part of tonight's Watchdog programme. No morals, no scruples, just the scum of the earth , and prying on the vulnerable and elderly. Our recent incident along the road is still under investigation, yet daily there are more and more reported incidents - it is the duty of everyone to protect our vulnerable.
BUT - to the big business players, the same behaviour is just a game, dealing in £millions, and it looks like the ongoing saga with Rangers is all part of that game.
I see that Hearts look unlikely to pay the teams wages this week (again) and from the sound of things it might be the tip of the iceberg - if the new legislation comes in limiting the amount of debt clubs can have, many will be in deep trouble.
Back to today, now despite the fact the birds are still not eating from my feeders, it does not stop them creating an awful din in the morning, so today it was a chirpy dawn chorus that had me up and out - despite the fact I should have had a long lie as it was my day off. BUT, day off or not, I was down at The Dolphin Inn where we had a group of fifteen ladies and gents in for lunch - what a wonderful group, a cheerful sprightly 94 year old, and the youngest around the 65 mark - thoroughly enjoyed having them, and I think they enjoyed their meal.
Headed for town and had tea at the Mercat Bar where a few of the 49 Club diners dropped in after their lunch for a wee drinkie.
Currently watching the final session of Masterchef, totally absorbing to see these amateur chefs transforming raw food into amazing works of culinary delight - kind of puts my toasted cheese to shame - good luck to the three finalists, but it looks like Shalina has the edge - and so she did - well done, made it due to her consistency throughout the competition.

Hope it was not my fault, following my Tesco daily diddles, but I see their CEO is stepping down following their worst trading figures for a while, but they are not alone in the diddles, the Watchdog programme caught out Asda in is so called Roll Back offers - more cases of corporate jiggery pokery.
I has something niggling away at the back of my mind - NCP Morrison Street Car Park, which is still resembling Beirut, but their prices have rocketed - £4.80 for two hours and £12.80 for the day - it is small wonder that the shops in the area are struggling when you add that to the tramworks mayhem, and I just discovered that they charge an extra 20p if you pay by phone !!

No comments: