Tuesday 16 February 2010

Early morning thoughts

0420 hrs, standing here typing and my alarm has just gone off in my pocket - bit of a fright. I would love to have said that I had , for once slept right through till now, but - things like that only happen in fairy tales.

Had a busy day at the Mercat yesterday, kept busy with a steady turn of guests, some lovely folks so I was happy enough - although i have to say that I did emit a few burst of steam from the ears - apoplectic - at one point , but that did pass.
Young Scottie was on helping me over lunch , this is his second last day at the moment as his bags are packed and he is off to the land of Oz to see his folks and attend his brother's birthday bash - we will miss his cheefrful little face - and cheek !! But he will be back soon.

When I eventually did get home, I had a big piece of typing to get on with so, having dozed off for a bit,there was little time to play catch up.

Watched a replay of the "Britain's Best Dancers" competition , and, although he was good I am not sure if the wee 10 year boy, Akai, was really what the competition was all about - the finalists were excellent - I thought that £100,000 to this little lad was a bit much when a community dance team would have benefited a lot more, however, it was a national vote.

Terrible train crash in Belgium yesterday, again they claim a driver ran a red light, but it has shut down the Eurostar route once again.

About to head off to Runcorn , via Glasgow where hopefully Fraser will also be up and out his bed.

I always have a look at the "tracker" for the blog , and I am curious as to drops in on the Blog site, i did ask some time ago who it was that lived in Mountain View, California, so if that regular reader would like to drop a comment i would love to hear from them.

Someone used that old Billy Connelly line about the "jobbie wheeker" as a search on google last night, that was a really funny story he told during his discourse in one show about aeroplanes and the disposal of "waste".

And I keep seeing that the conmen used the Ross on Wye post box address still seem to be causing concern , I did think that the trading Standards agency were attempting to close them down a couple of years ago, but , like the rest of their scheming, thieving, counterparts they are always out looking for an "easy mark".

Up, up and away " .