Saturday 6 February 2010

Squaremen, shops and the pole dancer

Saturday, and I arose to a pea souper - thick mist and unable to see the other side of the park.
took the opportunity of a lift into Edinburgh with GB and Go Jo - so Mrs B and I headed for John Lewis PLC so that I old uplift my fountain pen which was being repaired by Cross under their lifetime guarantee.
Next stop, M & S where I was seriously encouraged to treat myself to a new jacket !!! trying to improve my image.
Onwards to the standing Order, George Street, in time to meet Archie @ Pole dancer who was about to take over for a busy shift, the place was very busy with many French heading in for the rugby. Archie appeared along with his beloved wife Tracy and the awesome Austen who is getting bigger by the week - lovely to see Tracy and Austen who we have not seen since late November.
Parting of the ways so I eventually made it to The Edinburgh Masonic Club, Shrubhill. for the meeting and Installation of the Order of The Squareman. Sparky Mark arrived in time having returned from a week in the snowbound valleys of Glencoe where had been hiking all week.
The installation took place without fault and Andy Mackeen was delighted to relinquish his post as Worthy Deacon. One candidate today who I am sure enjoyed his experiences, something to remember for many a year .
Anyway, home now - bags packed , off o London so i will miss the Scotland game in the afternoon - back on Tuesday night and down to Runcorn again on Thursday,

No comments: