Monday 8 February 2010

Scotland v France - but London has its treats.

Having had a pleasant couple of hours in the Serviceair lunge at Edinburgh, I was called to my Air France flight , on time !! Yes , and boarded on time on actually took off on time which in this day and age is pretty good going.
We headed off in the opposite direction, East, to normal because of the winds. I get really annoyed to climb up over / through the clouds and find all this sunshine !! it really p******s me off to know that the sun is shining somewhere and we are not getting the benefit - personally I blame the government !! or is that just going too far?

So , en route, our cabin crew, Julio and Alva were right on the ball, I even managed three of Mr Gordon's best aided by Ton(y) Ic, ( work that one out). Arrived ten minutes early but were held on the plane because a British airways plane was about to leave the taxi area and was holding us up .
Onto the DLR (Docklands Light Railway) to bank, where for the first time I was able to got onto the Circle Line which took me out to Embankment - for my past trips there has always been work on this line.
made it to the Strand Palace, via the Tesco Express across the road !!!! (being a wise and prudent Scot)


Seriousl disapointed to see that Scotland came in second against France today - just as well well I am down here having wound up so many frenchmen during the past three days. So, the weather was not clever, drizzel and fog, but despite this I headed out - sadly not for tea with Lizzie ( too far away), and despite the street cleaners best efforts, the streets are not paved with gold. BUT I did head through Chinatown and into Soho, the dreaded "Red Light District", where I have never seen so may "models" advertising so openly in every other stairway !!! So between the Red Light Area and the "gay area" - enough was enough - I was better off having a cuppa and a bite in China Town.

At my age / time in life there is only so much you can take - BUT - BUT - I did get my massage, a wonderful Thai massage, as good as we ever had in Thailand, and sweet Cruella I am so sorry for swearing at you , this lady made feel look like an angel !! I am not sure what I expected here in London , but this was the authentic Thai business- and totally professional and expertise. I am walking on air, knots undone, and impressed, VFM.

No comments: