Sunday 2 May 2010

Mercat bar; and Moonwalk

Saturday night, feet up after a long day - but last night was not really uneventfully either !!

Mrs B. came staggering back in from the garage have dislodged a steel bar I had placed there and it bounced off her "napper" giving her a bit of a bump, and fright - sadly RGB, Jo Jo and myself were unable to stop laughing - so we are in the bad books.

Normally well away in the land of nod, but still writing at 11.30 p.m. when my neighbour called seeking help to silence her fire alarm - thinks, women alone, husband away, any excuse, but no - sounder would not stop , so with a wee bit thought it was disconnected and silenced.

So Sunday morning - nose to the grindstone - Mercat Bar was busy from the start and just got busier and busier with all the rugby league fans, great fun, great crowd, I really enjoyed being let loose on my own behind the bottom bar, memories of the Sportsman's Bar when it was busy.
Quite a few groups including the lovely Gem and friends in the town for her hen party. (Not as good a picture as normal)


Spiderman and friend appeared - a "bonnie pair of chookies" as they say, but good patter and heading to Murrayfield.

Have to say that the staff were hard worked, and did their best to maintain the high standards we try to maintain - but when you are choc a block it can be hard.

Last night Sparky Mark called and was saying that he was heading to see Cruella as he had hurt his back, me, I was fine - but sods law I have now put my back out lifting boxes out the car - so it looks like I will need to seek Cruella's help soon.

Public Holiday tomorrow , so we may be busy again.

Mrs B did well, walked the eleven miles from home into the BAR as part of her training for this years cancer research MOONWALK on 19 th June. After having to call off for the past four years due to illness she is trying really hard to take part this year and we will get her some sponsorship as an incentive.

No comments: