Thursday 13 May 2010

Not the usual Spring evening on the green


Time to catch up - Tuesday night was the 2nd session of the weekly Walkinshaw at the bowling club, so having paid my money thought should go. BUT with the weather being so cold it was thermals and several layers of clothes. First airing of the bowls for the year and with a sore back, watering eyes, I was not quite in Championship winning mode - but give my fellow players their due they did live in hope that I might just land the odd bowl on the green !!
Ended up being beaten by one shot which was not so bad.
Wednesday morning , snow on the hills, dashed chilly again as I headed into the Mercat Bar early enough to get my parking space at Roseburn.
had a few customers in , and whilst chatting to one couple from Chester discovered that he worked in the same building I go to at Runcorn , so he was going to pass on a message to Jill, Sue and Christine - small world. Young couple in from northern Finland who were saying that they could now fly to Edinburgh for the weekend with the new Ryanair flight cheaper than going to Helsinki - new source of tourists for the City.

No comments: