Saturday 29 May 2010

Sir Walter Scott and St Mary's Cathedral

Thursday afternoon , between my visit to the Turkish lads who set fire to my ears and the wine tasting dinner I ended up back in St Mary's Cathedral, Palmerston Place. My main reason for going was to hear the Evensong Service as I was curious to see what happened and hear the choir.
Prior to the service I found Sir Walter Scott's pew ( see attached) so it was nice to see a bit of Scotland's history in the flesh so to speak.

The service, which lasted only forty minutes was very nice, different for me, being used to the more basic Church of Scotland presentation.



It was then back to The Mercat Bar where this month's wine dinner was "Wines of the rest of the world", certainly different with wines from India, Mexico, Israel, Austria,and Scotland - made from "whey" a by product of making cheese - most unusual.
The meal, as usual was excellent with a real variety of dishes to compliment each wine - a good night had by all one again.
Next "biggy" will be the jazz lunch on 6th June which will be a full house.

No comments: