Tuesday 11 May 2010

Trains Planes and Trams - but home again

Monday in Manchester was really good - my group, reduced to six for the day were in great form, receptive and we had a fascinating session with lots of information being shared. Now all they need do is put everything they have learned on paper. Craig said that I was not to have a go at him or Liam - so I wont !! Congratulations to David who got his new job in the last two weeks,
now he is going to have to work hard.

Headed off for the airport - bit of a trail, fifteen minute walk to Piccadilly Station, buy the ticket - which was a bit odd, £3.60 for a single, yet on Sunday they sold me a same day return for £1.65p!! Train, which fairly rattled on took seventeen minutes to get to the airport so it is a good bit out the city - and then, there is about a fifteen minute walk from the station to get to Terminal 3.
Big "dizzy" when I found that there was no Priority Pass Lounge, and as I have not enough points on my BMI card I could not get into their lounge either - not a happy chookie - BUT I did sit and read my current WEB USER !! and no one to take my photo.

Called on time for the flight, nice little BMI jet, and with only about eighteen on board. It was the same stewardess as yesterday so my in flight drinkies were dispensed with a smile. Once again a short flight, with about 35 mins air time. I said yesterday that it is not fair that the sun always shines above the clouds - and there we were, cotton wool, when I spotted a nice "front" with clear space beyond. We came in towards
Edinburgh from the south west and flew over Middleton quarries, Borthwick castle, Gorebridge and Musselburgh. I was on the wrong side of the plane to get
photos of the City of Edinburgh, but did manage to get
Cramond Island with the causeway and more of the Forth Bridges.


RGB was waiting for me so I was home in quick time and not through the city where the new tram is on display in Princes Street - looks like it will only be able to go back and forward along the one piece of track - Edinburgh City Council's latest "folly", probably charge a £5 for the treat. Could also turn it into a bar or a burger stall !!







No comments: