Tuesday 9 September 2008

The dreaded Lurgie

Sat and watched as Mr Murray was so valiant in his defeat last night in New York, never mind, apples with grow again as they say and he will be back stronger than ever.
Nice to know that Caitlin was sitting in OZ same time , but 8 a.m. at her place watching the same match - the marvels of modern technology. But both her and Robbie are doing well, working all the hours god sends, and as she says "like ships that pass in the night" - good thing about that is you never see each other long enough to fall out - normally !! that is.
Keyboard is playing up at the moment - doing odd things. It will not return to the next line for some reason .
Anyway , got up this morning 6.45 a.m. feeling rough as hell, sick and headaches, etc, now both Ann and Graham are feeling the same and have had to go back to their beds.
In the meantime I ran around like crazy doing lots of wee jobs, some of my paperwork before heading out to SAC at Bush and KB - where I had jobs to deal with . But with that pair ill came home to see what was going on - then back to more paperwork before I head out later.
One of my thoughts for the day was that you know when you are getting old because Policemen look so young - for me the biggest shock was when I saw a nice young blond pushing a baby in a push chair in Edinburgh , she looked familiar, and then I realised it was my DOCTOR !!! Going to have to stop as this machine is doing my head in - will change back to the lap top and do the changes.

Now back on the lap top and changed made.
Big news with the fire at Fleetwood Pier, Blackpool, this .
morning - seems that piers are not the safest of places to be on these days , that is the third or fourth in the UK to go up in the past year or so - I think.

Ever so annoyed with Edinburgh City Council - just how much more time do they need to get their house in order , they have written again for a further extension to look into what should never have happened thirty nine months ago !!!!

Heading off to start a training course this evening , but in the meantime munching on a succulent piece of brisket -on toast - I will never make a vegetarian.

No comments: